- To contribute to and provide leadership in rehabilitation research.
- To maintain an awareness of current trends and developments in the management and rehabilitation needs of people with injury related disability.
- To translate information about rehabilitation into knowledge accessible to policy makers, health professionals and others.
- To provide expert advice on medical and rehabilitation matters that may be of relevance to governments and policy makers.
- To promote and provide education for health professionals who provide rehabilitation for people with injury related disability.
- To provide leadership in the formulation and application of knowledge, practice and policy related to rehabilitation.
THE RSU VISION
- Rehabilitation for people with injury related disability in Australia is based on the best available evidence.
THE RSU MISSION
- To be an Australian leader in the development of knowledge and practice of rehabilitation for people with injury related disability.
THE RSU CORE VALUES
- Sound practice based on evidence. Partnerships among disciplines focussing on the development and implementation of effective rehabilitation for people with injury related disability.
- Sharing knowledge with all those involved in the rehabilitation of people with injuries, including health professionals, policy makers, the community, those who are injured and their significant others.